There are wider impressions and confidence for companies creating videos for their products. Studies have shown that video viewers have reached 73 million per year. If we break this huge number down; 25% of it comes from YouTube channels, 50% of website traffic comes from viewing video clips and lastly, 92% of videos viewed are being shared every day.
The numbers simply shows that videos are more effective than that of heavy-text websites or products. End-users are more attracted to watching videos than that of reading the content. All in all, there is a good conversion rate if companies give importance to video production.
Create Your Own or Outsource?
You have seen the statistics and how this would affect your business. The question now is whether to do it yourself or hire someone who can do it better. There are beneficial effects of doing the videos yourself; however there are also negative aspects that you don’t want to encounter especially if you’re in marketing.
Options are still available for you though; you can hire someone who you think can do it better or use tools that can enhance your work.
Either which, you need to make a choice. But first, let’s take a look of the pros and cons of doing-it-yourself video vs. hiring professionals.
What are the pros and cons of creating your own videos?
- If you have the skills and the knowledge of video creation, you can produce a high quality video. You don’t have to seek for professional help so this makes it cheaper.
- It saves you time and money. DIY video creation can be cheaper in the sense that you can do all the editing and video graphing by yourself. All you need to have are video creation tools and high pixel cameras.
- Video creation can be fun. You can have all the freedom to execute your own style and master your craft.
- Viewing the result of your sweat and skills on video creation can be self-fulfilling.
- If you’re not confident enough with your skill you might end up viewing a poor quality product. It’s not an easy profession, since you will be dealing with your actors, scripts, locations, graphics, software and distribution.
- It can be a little expensive. You still have to consider other video creation props like, microphone, lights, high-end cameras for superb video graphing, video editing software and other graphic tools needed for the production.
- If you’re new in making videos, it would normally consume you a lot of time. Video creation is not just shooting and publishing. You still have to undergo a lot of editing process. Without someone’s help you will never produce a good video.
Pros and Cons of Hiring a Video Production Company
- You can relax. Hiring someone to do the job for you can be easy and less time consuming on your part. You can still do your other projects while you let someone create a video for you.
- High-quality result. Professional video creators are never giving you a poor-sucking-video. What’s good about hiring professionals is that they have a keen eye on making your business a success through videos.
- They own your video. This is not “owning” the authority but, taking responsibility of your video. They can make the planning from beginning to end without you worrying on the end-result.
- Money is always the concern. When you hire professionals, you always think of high-quality production. So, you need to invest more money on their expertise.
- You have to align with their schedule. As much as you want to get your video done in a short time, you can’t do it because you need to wait for them.
When is the best time to hire professionals?
As for marketing, creating a high-quality video is a must. Remember how videos produce traffic and number of shares a day? Considering the fact that you can gain more in videos, it is high time to hire someone who can do it professionally.
More tips: Hottest video creation tools in the market today
Choosing which video creation tool is like choosing which suit best fits you and the occasion. Sometimes, you have the most expensive video editor but your skill is not ready for all its applications, then you’re wasting your money and time.
- Adobe Premier Pro: For most video creation professionals, Adobe Premier Pro is just the right tool for them. It has features that are integrated with Adobe After Effects and Photoshop. Using this tool can deliver a high-quality video.
- Pinnacle Studio: Another widely used video editor that offers impressive applications or features which further enhance your video. Examples of features you can maximize: drag and drop editing, up to 6 tracks of timeline based video editing, it has a collection of royalty tracks, you can add music and sound effects and a lot more.
- Windows Movie Maker: The simplest video maker you can find in the market today. If you have the skills but you are low in budget you can maximize the features it offers.
What Would You Choose?
Your product and the satisfaction of the consumer are the most important factors why you need to create videos. Doing-it-yourself can be cheap and delivers good result if you know everything on video graphing and editing, however, it can also be great to hire someone with wide range of experience and expertise.
Both have its pros and cons, now it’s your decision.